My new Chase Reserve card came!
The Sapphire Reserve is the big sister to the Sapphire Preferred (which I already have). I think it might be the most hyped/blogged-about card of all time. Like it's so hyped that they've run out of metal cards and are issuing temporary plastic ones.
I don't need to go over the details, but a couple of things made me decide it was worth the $450 annual fee:
- The $300 annual travel reimbursement is actually easy to use – none of this ridiculous "pick one airline on January first where you could earn this credit, and no changes until next year" stuff that Amex does. So it's effectively $150 a year vs. $95 for my Sapphire Preferred
- 3 points per dollar on dining and travel. Since those are two of my biggest categories of spending, it's a no-brainer.
- Chase's Ultimate Rewards points have had a short-but-useful list of transfer partners but they recently added Flying Blue too – so now KLM and AirFrance are onboard.
- If I'm stuck on a long layover on an Economy/Domestic ticket, the included Priority Pass airline lounge membership might come in handy.
- The 100,000 point signup bonus ain't too shabby, either :)