They've been consistently offering amazing deals ($1000 round trip to London right now!), so I'm still very interested in trying them out. The big thing is trying to avoid all of the potential downsides:
- If anything goes wrong with the plane, they don't have any other planes to put you on, so no booking them when I'm on a tight schedule.
- You don't earn any miles (which is fine by me since I'm not chasing status)
- I hate Newark. Maybe once the PATH train is done it won't be so bad, but until then, ugh.
- The seats are the last-generation angled-flat seats, but lots of fancy airlines (hello, Lufthansa and JAL) are still flying this product today.
- Luton airport isn't the best for transport, but there is a rail link.