Wall Street Journal speculating that JetBlue will add flights to Europe

Wall Street Journal is speculating that JetBlue's options for new A321LR planes could mean they're entering the transatlantic market. Discount carrier Norwegian Airlines has ordered these planes for their "short long haul" routes.

I would love to see JetBlue do for transatlantic travel what they've done for domestic transcontinental service with their Mint product: raise the bar for service, comfort, and amenities while offering dramatic savings over legacy carriers. Honestly the entry of Norwegian, WOW, WestJet, and other low cost carriers (LCCs) hasn't been interesting at all to me. If I'm flying from the East Coast to Western Europe I just want a nighttime flight with a stiff drink and a lie-flat bed and none of the LCCs are offering anything in this space. In fact, I actually find it irritating that Norwegian and Iceland Air show up in Google/Kayak's Business Class searches when what they're offering is obviously Premium Economy.

JetBlue would probably need to expand their partnerships so they could offer connecting service from Dublin, London, Paris (or wherever the range of this plane permits), but I'm thinking if they offer Mint starting at $799 each way it would be an absolute no-brainer even without good connecting options. I could just transfer to an LCC for the final 1-ish hour flight to my final destination.

I mean, I love you Iceland Air but this isn't Business Class...

I'd love a transatlantic Mint suite!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding and collecting Japanese Railway station stamps

Where to find TOTO Washlets outside of Japan

Southern Vermont's Frog Meadow Farm – a perfect getaway