ok maybe i'll keep my Amex Platinum after all

Yes, I was grumpy a while back and wanted to get rid of my Amex Platinum because its ever-shrinking benefits just weren't worth the high annual fee.

Then, when I called to cancel, they just straight-up offered me 50,000 points to keep the card.

Today they announced they'll be adding trip delay coverage starting the the first of January. This great news on top of the 5 points per dollar on airfare will finally make this my no-brainer card for charging all of my paid flying.

I wonder if they're going to pull back on the 50k retention bonuses now that new card features are being announced... Feels to me like that big bonus was just to hold on to people until Amex could come up with some ways to revamp the card a bit.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding and collecting Japanese Railway station stamps

Where to find TOTO Washlets outside of Japan

Southern Vermont's Frog Meadow Farm – a perfect getaway