Can't buy Amex points nor Chase UR points anymore

I was on the phone with American Express today and I confirmed with two agents and a supervisor that you can't buy American Express Premier Reward points anymore. I've not seen this pointed out anywhere (in fact, here's a posting where TPG describes how to do it), so I thought I'd mention it.

UPDATE Feb '15: I just checked with Chase and they've stopped allowing members to purchase Ultimate Reward points. I was like 400 points short of a redemption and mentioned to the phone rep how nice the "buy" option was for these kinds of situations and she just gave me the points I needed for free! YMMV...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding and collecting Japanese Railway station stamps

Where to find TOTO Washlets outside of Japan

Southern Vermont's Frog Meadow Farm – a perfect getaway