Up to 1500 bonus points using your Chase card with Apple Pay





Chase is running a promo for their smartphone payment systems (ApplePay, Samsung Pay) – one extra point per dollar on transactions between now and Nov 4th. The promo is capped at 1500 bonus points.

I love ApplePay because:

  • Merchants never have my real card number in their systems so breaches like the one at Target don't affect me.
  • I trust Apple's track record on security vastly more than I do any US retailer's.
  • ApplePay works much faster than the chip readers do at most stores, so if I get an unhelpful employee who doesn't know how ApplePay works, I like to point out to them that it's literally 10 seconds faster than the chip and that usually makes them very happy.
  • If I forget my wallet I can still pay for a taxi, groceries, prescriptions, etc. 
  • With the forthcoming Apple Pay Cash app launching, I'll be able to keep this and my Venmo/Paypal-like transactions with friends all in one place.
  • Automated kiosks (like transit ticket machines) that support Apple Pay let you avoid card skimmers installed by identity thieves.  
  • I can carry 10 virtual cards around with me but only have 1 or 2 physical cards in my wallet.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding and collecting Japanese Railway station stamps

Where to find TOTO Washlets outside of Japan

Southern Vermont's Frog Meadow Farm – a perfect getaway