Alternative for an actual Priority Pass Lounge

I'm not a huge lounge person. There are a few international First Class lounges that still have a huge wow factor, but Business Class lounges – especially ones in the US – are increasingly crowded and often don't even include free drinks or hot food.

Meanwhile, the terminals themselves have been getting increasingly nicer:
  • food from famous local restaurants
  • healthier and more interesting food and beverages
  • flexible seating with USB and chargers
  • gate-side seating so you can keep an eye on your gate while you wait to board... 
In fact, I recently had a friend ask me about the lounge in JetBlue's main terminal at JFK and I told him it wasn't even worth visiting.


Priority Pass is a lounge membership program that lets you enter a selected list of lounges around the world for a fee (their handy app lets you see which ones they partner with). Due to the huge popularity of the Chase Sapphire Reserve (which includes a free membership), lots of people ended up with a free Priority Pass membership this past year. This has only exacerbated the overcrowding problem.

I was eyeing a flight to Portland from San Francisco (so I could fly through the eclipse!) and I noticed something interesting at PDX – Priority Pass will now give you a $28 food and beverage credit for select restaurants inside the main terminal. From reading through the details, it also sounds like any official "guests" you bring also get the $28 credit.

I can totally see myself using this. UPDATE: I've already used it! If I have a long layover where I need to eat, I don't even consider a lounge a viable place to have a proper meal (again, unless it's in an international First Class lounge like the Concorde room). Hopefully this will become commonplace, as I doubt the lounges are going to get nicer anytime soon.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding and collecting Japanese Railway station stamps

Where to find TOTO Washlets outside of Japan

Southern Vermont's Frog Meadow Farm – a perfect getaway