Chase Emerald?!

DoC is saying that Chase is launching a Chase Private Client-exclusive card above the Sapphire Reserve. Given that my husband and I just became Chase Private Client customers (thanks First Republic bankruptcy!), I'm intrigued. 

Are they going to try and compete with the Amex Centurion (aka Black) card? Or will they aim for a spot in between the Platinum and the Centurion? I'm trying to imagine what they might offer on this new product given the clientele it's aimed at…

Chase's new lounge at Laguardia is quite nice, so maybe they'll give this card line cutting privileges. Or a private seating area with better booze? Oooh, or will they give you free/discounted access to the private suites in the lounge

Will it give you Gold status on an airline like the Centurion? Given their partnership with United, this could be Complicated™. I mean, it'd be awesome if it just came with Emerald OneWorld status…

Will it offer NO bonus categories like the Centurion?

Will it have a $5000 annual fee like the Centurion? 

Now that metal cards are practically the standard, will they try to come up with a physical card that will appeal to the douchebag with the G-wagon trying to impress the bottle service gal at the strip club? Lab-grown gems have advanced a lot in the past few years maybe they can make the card out of actual emerald

Will they offer some kind of token private jet service credits no one will use? Mystery "luxury" gifts no one wants?

An Elevated points redemption on Chase Travel (1 point gets 2¢ instead of 1.5¢) would be good, but I highly doubt that will happen. Car rental top tier status (snoooze)? Better seats at those Chase-sponsored events (double snooze)?

Honestly I have no clue, but I do know one thing - I only keep my Reserve because it's super easy to spend the $300 annual travel credits (effectively making it a $250/yr card for me), and because the 3x bonus on "travel" is really broad and honored on most foreign transactions. 

Lastly, I do hope they keep this Emerald codename for the final card. When I saw this train wreck of a name last week I sorta figured all the good people at Chase's marketing team were long gone. 


Paze? Really?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding and collecting Japanese Railway station stamps

Where to find TOTO Washlets outside of Japan

Southern Vermont's Frog Meadow Farm – a perfect getaway