Here's a few of the things that changed between August and February:
- United, Delta, and American have all dropped their fares on this route from $3500 round-trip to about $2300. I love competition!
- JetBlue listened to feedback and upgraded to much better headphones (Brooklyn-made Grado SR60e headphones)
- The LAX departure gate now has several of the JFK T5-style high counters with lots of power plugs so people can charge their devices and work while they wait.
They've added a coat check service to T5 so you don't have to schlep your coat around with you when you fly from JFK to warm destinations.UPDATE: This closed late 2015
What hasn't changed:
- Service, food, Wi-Fi, and seats are still unquestionably the best of any US carrier.
- The legacy carriers are still racing to find new ways to nickel-and-dime even their best customers while offering a substandard experience in the air.
- JetBlue still doesn't offer lounge access.
- The Birch Box amenity kit still has an odd assortment of things, most of which you don't need in-flight
This was my first redeye flight on Mint and I should point out that they have limited, 3-item "prix fixe" menu on those flights, followed by a hot breakfast sandwich with fruit prior to arrival. The seats also have a "do not disturb" button in case you'd like more sleep instead of a sandwich :) I arrived just as the coat check was opening and had no trouble jumping right into a cab back to Manhattan, even at that early hour.
|RIP: JFK T5 coat check|
|new Grado headphones!|
|semi-pursuant to this post, i decided to ask for seconds on the beets :P|
|One of the most useful amenity kit items EVAR!|